Parents are integral to the success of our students at UCA and we encourage active parent participation, as it is an important role in your child's education.
Thank you for your interest in serving as a Volunteer for Uwharrie Charter Academy. We have updated our volunteer process for the 2022-2023 school year. Volunteers will be separated into two categories – Level 1 and Level 2.
Level 1 Volunteers will work alongside a UCA Staff Member and will not have unsupervised access to any students at any time.
Level 2 Volunteers can have unsupervised access to students, and thus must complete a Criminal History Background Check before they can serve at this level.
Approved Volunteers expire at the end of each school year and must re-apply at the beginning of each school year.
Please read the directions below, and we look forward to having you volunteer amongst the UCA Campuses!
- Report Directly to the campus that you will PRIMARILY serve as a Volunteer to complete an application – either on the spot or return later. If returning later – please be sure to bring Photo ID. A photocopy will be retained during the school year, and properly shredded at the end of the year.
- The Receptionist on Duty will provide potential volunteers with an application and will copy your Photo ID, along with checking the National Sex Offenders Registry. (Copy of Photo ID will be shredded at the end of the school year.)
- If cleared of the Sex Offenders Registry – Volunteer may begin serving as a Level 1 Volunteer.
- If requesting to be a Level 2 Volunteer, please fill out the background check here, and the Director of Human Resources will e-mail Volunteer once the background check has processed.
- If cleared of Background Check – Volunteer may begin serving as a Level 2 Volunteer.
Any Questions, please contact the Site-Based Administrator or the Director of Human Resources.