UCA Virtual Academy is open to all students in grades 6-12, and is free for North Carolina residents.
- UCA Virtual Academy students will follow the same calendar as other UCA students, with breaks for holidays and summer.
- UCA Virtual Academy is completely virtual, however students can request to take select courses on campus.
- High school students would have the opportunity to take Career Academy classes, and middle school students can attend for STEAM class, as space allows. This is not required, but can be requested by Virtual Academy students.
- Virtual Academy students can participate in UCA athletics, graduation, clubs, prom, etc.
- The daily routine will be a scheduled Zoom check in with a certified teacher, and then additional help as needed. Students will then work at their own pace on assignments.
- For middle school students, we use Google Classroom and assignments created by UCA teachers, based on the NC Standards.
- For high school students, we use online platforms such as NCVPS and Graduation Alliance that also have a certified teacher.
- The UCA virtual teacher will be available for tutoring and extra support via Zoom or in-person.
To enroll in the Virtual Academy lottery, please click the link below. After registering, you will choose "Virtual Academy" and your student's grade.