Thank you for visiting Uwharrie Charter Academy
The Uwharrie Charter Academy will exist:
- To provide a truly rigorous pathway to college and career readiness;
- To afford students the benefit of a small learning community with a low teacher/student ratio in an effort to promote strong relationships with students and individualized support for learning;
- To imbed the curriculum with STEM focused content through problem-based learning, historical developments in technology, hands-on math, and inquiry science that requires engineering and ingenuity
- To promote hands-on, project-based learning in all courses;
- To support the development of 21st century skills integrating the use of technology;
- To partner with parents so that they understand their role in their child’s education;
- To build relationships with local institutions in order to provide real-world connections and opportunities for applied learning; and
- To promote environmental stewardship including the adoption of green practices in student’s everyday lives and the integration of NC’s Environmental Literacy Plan in a cross curricular approach.
Uwharrie Charter Academy will graduate students who understand the importance of critical thinking, problem solving, responsible citizenship, and clear communication so that they are prepared for the world of work and/or higher education.