High School News
6/3 Teacher Made Exams
6/4 Math 1 EOC
6/5 Biology EOC
6/6 English II EOC
6/7 Math III EOC
CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2019
It’s almost here! Here are a few things you must know before graduation.
If you have questions please contact Mrs. J. Smith or Mrs. Clemons
GRADUATION PRACTICE ~ June 10, 2019 (2:00pm)
Location: Central Office Gymnasium (Behind Middle School)
Date: June 10, 2019
Time: Be there by 2:00pm
- Dress: NO Cap and Gown necessary, comfortable clothes.
- Misc Info: Practice will take about 2 hours.
- IMPORTANT: GRADUATION PRACTICE IS MANDATORY. MAKE ARRANGEMENTS NOW TO BE THERE. NO EXCEPTIONS. IF YOU ARE NOT AT PRACTICE YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE GRADUATION CEREMONY
GRADUATION (THE BIG DAY) ~ June 11, 2019 (Be there by 4:45 pm)
Location: Central office Gymnasium (HOWEVER, YOU WILL NEED TO REPORT TO
THE MIDDLE SCHOOL GYM UPON ARRIVING THAT AFTERNOON)
Date: June 11, 2019
Time: All graduates must arrive by 4:45pm
- Graduation begins at 6:00pm.
- DO NOT BE LATE ~ Allow extra travel time for traffic
TICKETS: Each student will receive 10 tickets for the graduation ceremony.
- Extra tickets will not be issued through the school.
- A GUEST 2 YEARS OLD OR YOUNGER WILL NOT NEED A TICKET TO ATTEND THE GRADUATION CEREMONY.
- Students may make arrangements with their peers to obtain extra tickets.
- ALL student fees must be paid to receive graduation tickets (student fees, parking tickets, Chromebook fees, etc.)
DRESS: CAP AND GOWN and DRESS CLOTHES
Dress Code is strictly enforced for Graduation.
- Girls: Girls are to wear dressy attire that does not hang below the hem of the gown, dress shoes with a back or strap that will be appropriate for walking across the stage. No flip flops, wedges are best for walking.
- Boys: Boys are to wear dress shirts with a collar and tie, dress pants and dress shoes/clean boots. Flip flops, work boots, shorts, and blue jeans are not allowed.
If you need assistance acquiring clothes for graduation, please let Mrs. Smith or Mrs. Clemons know as soon as possible.
HANDICAP SEATING: If you have a family member that will require handicap seating, we will need to know by MAY 17. Due to limited space, we will allow 1 additional family member to accompany this individual in the handicap seating area. Please submit the appropriate documentation to Ms. Parrish if you will need Handicap seating for a family member at graduation.
DEADLINE: May 17, 3:30pm
- NO cap decorations allowed
- NO gum allowed
- NO cell phones or other electronic devices during ceremony
- All students will process(enter) and recess(exit) together
Lastly, please direct all graduation and awards day questions to Mrs. J. Smith or Mrs. Clemons. We want this to be an exciting and memorable occasion for you, your family, and your fellow classmates. Let’s represent Uwharrie Charter Academy with PRIDE.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE GRADUATING CLASS OF 2019!!
Looking Ahead Save the Date
10th Make-up exam day
10th Senior Graduation practice 12:00 noon
11th Senior Graduation at 6 pm at the Eagle Central Gym (New gymnasium behind
13th Board of Directors Meeting at 6:30 pm at the Middle School