High School Student Services
About Mrs. Rabb:
I am so excited to be part of the UCA family as an academic and college advisor! I graduated from High Point University with a degree in Exercise Science and minor in Business Administration. After completing graduate school at UNCG, I returned to High Point University where I worked in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for 5 years. I am excited to bring my experience to Uwharrie Charter and help students and families navigate the college admissions process!
I am here to:
● Advise students on what colleges are looking for in an applicant
● Assist seniors in applying for financial aid and scholarships and completing college applications
● Help students decide which colleges to apply to, considering best match and fit.
● Help juniors and seniors register for the ACT and/or SAT.
● Advise freshman, sophomores, and juniors about steps they can take now to make applying to college easier later on.
● Facilitate registration for RCC courses for qualifying 10th-12th graders.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of help at all!
About Mrs. Parris:
I joined the UCA High School staff in October of 2018 and I am excited to be here! I earned my bachelors in Elementary Education at Elon University in May 2010. My master's degree in Professional School Counseling was completed at NC A&T State University in 2015. I look forward to an amazing year with you all!
I am here to:
● Provide personal/social counseling
● Assist students with UCA class registration and schedule changes
● Make sure students are on track for graduation
● Act as the 504 coordinator