Application Process for the 2021/2022 School Year
- NEW AUTOMATED APPLICATION PROCESS TO BEGIN JANUARY 14th , 2020. No paper applications will be accepted. If you need additional help submitting your student’s application please contact the high school (336-610-0813), middle school (336-610-0816) or elementary school (336-610-0820) for more information.
- Applications for the 2021-2022 school year will be accepted beginning January 4th 2021.
- All Applications received between January 4th 2021 and March 22nd, 2021. will be eligible for the Lottery Drawing, March 22st, 2021 2:30 P.M. All results will be emailed to reciepience through Lotterease, and results can also be viewed by logging into the Lotterease system.
- Available student slots will be determined by the number of current students planning to return for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Applications submitted after March 22nd will be placed at the end of the waiting list after the lottery and will not be part of the lottery process.
- Siblings of students currently attending Uwharrie Charter Academy are given priority sibling placement for the following year as space becomes available and in new grade levels (K – 5). Siblings of current students need to submit a 2021/2022 application by March 22nd to be considered for enrollment as space becomes available and be granted admission for new grade levels (K-5).
- A child must be 5 years old on or before August 31 2021 enroll as a Kindergarten Student.
- If multiple birth siblings apply for admission to a charter school and a lottery is needed under G.S. 115C-238.29F(g)(6), the charter school shall enter one surname into the lottery to represent all of the multiple birth siblings (twins, triplets, etc). If that surname of the multiple birth siblings is selected, then all of the multiple birth siblings shall be admitted.