Application Process for the 2019-2020 School Year
- NEW AUTOMATED APPLICATION PROCESS TO BEGIN JANUARY 7th, 2019. No paper applications will be accepted. If you need additional help submitting your student’s application please contact the high school (336-610-0813), middle school (336-610-0816) or elementary school (336-610-0820) for more information.
- If you are currently on the 2018/2019 wait list for Uwharrie Charter Academy you will need to submit an application for the 2019/2020 school year as the wait list does not carry over.
- Applications for the 2019-2020 school year will be accepted beginning January 7th, 2019.
- All Applications received between January 7th, 2019 and March 22nd , 2019 will be eligible for the Lottery Drawing, March 23rd, 2019 at 12:00 P.M (at high school). All results will be available soon after on an electronic system that can be accessed using email and password setup through registration on the system.
- Available student slots will be determined by the number of current students planning to return for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Applications submitted after March 22nd, 2019 will be placed at the end of the waiting list after the lottery and will not be part of the lottery process.
- Siblings of students currently attending Uwharrie Charter Academy are given priority sibling placement for the following year as space becomes available and in new grade levels (K – 5). Siblings of current students need to submit a 2019/2020 application by March 22nd, 2019 to be considered for enrollment as space becomes available and be granted admission for new grade levels (K-5).
- A child must be 5 years old on or before August 31, 2019 to enroll as a Kindergarten Student.
- If multiple birth siblings apply for admission to a charter school and a lottery is needed under G.S. 115C-238.29F(g)(6), the charter school shall enter one surname into the lottery to represent all of the multiple birth siblings (twins, triplets, etc). If that surname of the multiple birth siblings is selected, then all of the multiple birth siblings shall be admitted.