Soaring Eagles Program
Uwharrie Charter Academy is proud to offer our Soaring Eagles Program to junior and senior students. This partnership with Randolph Community College provides students with the opportunity to earn college credits at no cost to them.
- Students may earn certificates, diplomas, and associates degrees before graduating from high school (high schedule permitting).
- Students may earn college credits for courses that will transfer to a four year institution.
- Tuition and books are free with the exception of summer courses. Tuition for summer courses is free but books are not. Summer course options are limited.
- Students may take courses from two different pathways: College Transfer and Career and Technical.
- Juniors and seniors who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher are eligible to take Career and Technical courses.
- Juniors and seniors who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and have qualifying PLAN or PSAT scores are eligible to take College Transfer courses.
- Select College Transfer courses are deemed dual credit courses. These courses will appear on the student’s college and high school transcripts. All dual credit courses are given the same weighting as an honors level high school course.
To learn more about the Soaring Eagles Program, please contact Mrs. Cash. You may also visit RCC’s website to explore further.